Varun's Vagaries

One big Potpourri

Recent Posts

19.9.08

Funny love poem

Posted by Varun

This one's for the ladies.
I'd like an honest opinion,especially from my female readers.(Dudes are welcome as well,It's always nice to take fellow dumbasses along :P Feel free to admit your lack of poetic sense,for my moral support :) )
I'm always saying stupid things, things I wouldn't say in hindsight.I also completely miss poetry.It goes way over my head.So Recently I saw the movie 'Harold and Kumar,Escape from Guantanamo Bay'.Typical Hollywood comedy,like it a bit,but I digress...
There's this short poem in one of the scenes(originally by Dave Feinberg),I just want to know if you consider it stupid,dumb,deep or just nice.I found it extremely thoughtful.What does that make me? Do opine.Here's the complete poem

Square Root of Three

I’m sure that I will always be
A lonely number like root three

The three is all that’s good and right,
Why must my three keep out of sight
Beneath the vicious square root sign,
I wish instead I were a nine

For nine could thwart this evil trick,
with just some quick arithmetic

I know I’ll never see the sun,
as 1.7321
Such is my reality,
a sad irrationality

When hark! What is this I see,
Another square root of a three

As quietly co-waltzing by,
Together now we multiply
To form a number we prefer,
Rejoicing as an integer

We break free from our mortal bonds
With the wave of magic wands

Our square root signs become unglued
Your love for me has been renewed



well? whaddaya think?
(ladies: would you find this sweet if a guy said it to you?)
(dudes:would you mumble something like this on a date? )


... Stumble Upon Toolbar ...♦... ♦... ♦...

7 comments:

Sidrah said...

that was a nice read...^^
the poem is kinda sweet, but i dunno what my reaction will be if a guy read it to me, and really, maths n i just dun gel..so i might freak out too!
cya!

* મારી રચના * said...

wel.. nicep oem.. bt wid lots of amul butter...

Roxy said...

Arrrgh. I hate math. :D

Nice poem though, I agree with sidrah. Dunno what my reaction would be when a guy reads me this poem.

Cheers :P

*lynne* said...

I think this would work only from one geek to another :)

[I did enjoy it, btw, LoL!]

Anonymous said...

Thank you join my twitter. just transfer small token to your EC account.

Akansha Agrawal said...

I think I'm gonna like it much better than 'I can get stars and moon for you from the skies' from a guy, geek is what is more attractive, shows there's some thought that's gone into it.:)

@my blog,I would really appreciate it if you could design the very thing I want once I finish with the template part.Thanks a lot!The search is going a little slow coz of my xams...urgh!

Peikkonen said...

(From a "lady", not a geek herself, but a girlfriend to one) I don't like to listen to poetry, so you'd better not start reciting anything to me on a first date... But this poem is sweet, and it would be nice to receive it in written form at some point of the romantic path (don't know at which point, though). But I think it should come with a reference to the writer, since it gets a bit mooshy (how do you spell that?) at the end.